Friday, September 2, 2011

Signed, Indignant at the Park

Dear Someone Else's Nanny,

It is not appropriate to touch someone else's child to overcompensate for the fact that you weren't paying attention to your charge.   Snatching a toy from a child that you have never met before is unnecessary and uncalled for.  Your attitude is repulsive and your methods archaic.  You are serving as a role model not only for your charge, but with the other children you interact with.  If you act like a child you only harm those around you.  I fault myself for being non-confrontational and not speaking up at the park but if a similar event occurs in the future with you or any other caretaker or parent, I will not hesitate.  

Signed,

Indignant at the Park

( disclaimer: not my kid, from google)

Help!  It's 10:30 and I'm already complaining!

Seriously though, my oldest is having a rough day (yay canines!) and we encountered a rude nanny at the park.  I have no problem in general with other children's caretakers at the park.  I try to be cordial to everyone and there are a few parents and nannies that  I speak to regularly.  This was the first time I recall encountering this nanny, though I could be mistaken (I have horrible facial recall).  Anyway, my son apparently snatched a toy from her charge (I didn't see this, but I will assume it happened) and I walked away (10 feet) to go get one of his toys to diffuse the situation.  In the meantime, the nanny (who had been on the phone) gets into the fray (not really a fray, her charge was upset but not crying) and snatched the toy from my son while holding his arm.  This upset E and flipped out.  I have never snatched a toy out of another child's hands and I don't know where this woman got the audacity to do so.  She then proceeded to sit back down on the bench and glare.  In my mind I just see her glaring and I really want to smack her.  I hope I don't see her again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment